Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall Centerpiece from Old Fence Boards


I decided to try my hand at creating a dining room centerpiece like some of the beautiful ones I've seen.  Using old fence boards, here is what I created:


Here is how:


I cut 3 boards to 4 ft. in length, nailing the two side boards to the bottom board; cut the end pieces from the leftovers...


 I sanded down the boards to rid them of splinters, and to take off a little of the paint; this also allowed more of the redwood to show through....




That's it - then fill it with anything you have.  Pinecones, leftover halloween pumpkins, rafia; sprinkle some potpourri throughout for a wonderful smell!








Link up for other great ideas! http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2012/11/the-sunday-showcase-no-125.html

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make a "trough" for my table so badly. I love the one that you made and it makes me realize how easy it really is. I love all of the goodies that you filled it with. Thank you for linking up to The Better Late Than Never Thanksgiving bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, too. Like you, I've coveted those tool boxes that you see being used in decor all over blogland, but I knew the real deal would be expensive. I never realized how easy it could be to make one.

    Thank you so much for sharing and for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So effective, and so easy to update for different seasons and holidays! Thank you for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete